These signs will tell you that you have been sleeping with your soulmate.
Colonial hangover or not, lovemaking with strangers has always been a thing. Making love is tangible proof of intimacy and that kind of refutes the above sentence.
“How can you make love if you aren’t in love?” was the question. Love can make every caress more special, every kiss more intense.
Here are signs that show that you are already with your flame, the other half of your soul:
1. The raspy, impassioned “I love you!” in the middle of physical intimacy, is not just the moment. They mean it even when it’s done.
2. The bed has been portioned. You roll over to your side once you are done.
3. The smallest things, like them singing a tune/ rolling their eyes at you when you do something silly, turns you on like clockwork.
4. Being naked in front of them feels as comfortable as stripping after a hard day at the office.
5. Instead of staring at each other’s bodies, you see each other, eye-to-eye when making love. There is trust.
6. Small worries like how you smell/how rough that stubble is, fly out the window.
7. The passionate lovemaking is as often tender and vanilla as rough and beast-like.
8. They can tell if you are turned on, just by looking at you.
9. Even during intense lovemaking, when there are awkward moments, you both laugh at them, instead of being quiet and embarrassed. It doesn’t affect the things that follow at all either.
10. Getting turned down when you initiate physical intimacy is no longer an issue because you know they find you sexy.
11. The intimacy after making love i.e spooning, sleeping, cuddling feels equally good if not more special.
12. Their naked body is the most beautiful thing in the world for you.
13. Porn doesn’t work anymore. When they aren’t around it is the thought of them you get off to.
14. You don’t have to tell them what you want anymore. They know, and they’re probably doing it.
15. Going to bed with your partner doesn’t feel like a chore. It happens when it has to and it’s initiated non-verbally. The mental connection hence is strong.
16. You have your very own lovemaking-song.
17. Sounds corny but sometimes, you end up calling it “making love” and not its rather boisterous synonyms.
18. Making love during periods is not alien to you. This goes in general for new things or things you thought you would not be comfortable doing.
19. There will be at least one selfie on your phone after making love.
20. Every room in the house has been witness to your act.
21. When out in public/social gatherings, without speaking you can tell each other that it’s time to leave.
22. The second you look uncomfortable, they will ask. They will ask because it matters to them and that’s another surefire sign that you are sleeping with your soulmate.
23. Without question/hesitation/doubt, they will stop as soon as you ask them to. It is a clear sign that you are sleeping with your soulmate.
24. They will remind you of tiny things like remembering to pee after you two “made love” (jeez) to prevent the possibility of another UTI.
25. They go down on you. Frequently. Without you asking them to.
26. Lights or no lights, no worries. They have seen it all. You don’t mind either.
27. The kisses on the mouth, especially the unsolicited ones, are as solemn as the ones on the thigh.
28. You are the only one on their mind. To put it differently, you are the face in their fantasies now. They will never do something as flippant as saying the wrong name in bed.
29. The image following a hot scene on TV is you and she/he the same.
30. Because the mental connection is that strong, you will never hurt their feelings if you tell them the new move isn’t working. Of course, you might not have to say anything. Another possibility: they might not try anything out of the book. You two are that comfortable with what you have.
31. Nothing in bed is embarrassing. Even asking the other to get on top when you are out of breath.
32. Making/seeing them cum is as fulfilling as cumming yourself. It’s a magical feeling.
33. You can’t imagine sleeping with anyone else. It’s that good.
34. Despite seeing each other almost every day for a long period of time, the sight of each other is enough to make your day. You are the most beautiful thing they’ve seen and vice versa.
35. It’s not JUST about making love anymore. It hasn’t been so for some time now. You are part of each other’s existence, an inseparable piece of the puzzle.
In his Symposium, Plato wrote how every human being had been created once, as androgynous, with a female half and a male one. In time, they incurred the wrath of Zeus who split them into two parts, to wander alone.
Since then, man’s quest has been to reunite with this missing piece of his self: his/her soulmate. If these signs or even some of them are there, do not let her/him go: they are your missing half.